How to Win
In order to become the President of the United States, you will need to focus on winning as many electoral votes as you can. You can have control of the popular vote, but still lose if you’re not able to overcome the electoral goal.
To see where you stand with the Electoral College, examine the map in “Electoral Votes” view. The colors will range from bright purple to grey. The brighter the state, the more electoral votes there are to win.
PRO TIP: A ‘Political Strategy’ map mode is available during the election cycle. When in this mode, states can be toggled ON or OFF which will help you strategize which states are necessary to win.
Step 1: Choose your Party
There are two options: Democrat and Republican. What candidates are available to you depends on which party you choose to play as.
Step 2: Select Your Difficulty
The level of difficulty that you choose can affect things like your starting funds and how intelligent or ruthless your AI opponent is. Choose from: Cakewalk, Beginner, Normal, Tough, Painful, and Masochistic modes.
Step 3: Choose (or Create) your Candidate
There are several candidates from each political party (Democrats and Republicans) to choose from. Each candidate has a set of attributes that are important to pay attention to. They are:
- Stamina: This determines how many stamina points you have, which allows for more actions per turn.
- Charisma: This increases the effectiveness of speeches and advertisements.
- Intelligence: This increases the number and variety of responses available during an interview.
- Media Bias: This determines how how many ideology points you get during a town hall.
- Experience: This determines the cost of political operatives.
- Minority Appeal: This affects the enthusiasm of minority voters.
- Starting Money: This determines your initial starting funds for your campaign.
Step 4: Choose your Opponent
Once you’ve chosen your candidate, you must pick someone from the opposite party to run against. In multiplayer mode, you obviously have no control over this, since it depends on who your opponent selects. Otherwise, though, make your selection and move on into the heart of the campaign!
Step 5: Begin your Campaign
Now that you’ve set up the basic game, you can move on into starting to take the country by storm. In all, exploration is key -- good luck and happy campaigning!